Transylvania has always been an engaging travel destination. It is a mountain part of Romania featuring tick Carpathian forests and fascinating landscapes beautiful in every season with picturesque villages and towns that still cherish the tradition and old customs. Hidden in green Carpathian woods far away from public eyes, one can see magnificent Transylvanian casteless.
Some are lavish with royal tales like Peles Castle built at the end of the 19th century and some dark and mysterious with a legendary story about Vlad Tepes, better known as Count Dracula, imprisoned in the Bran Castle in the 13th century. Peles Castle, built on the slopes of the Southern Carpathians in the period from 1873 to 1914, served as the summer residence of the first royal couple of the Kingdom of Romania, Carol I, and Elisabeth Hohenzollern. It is considered the most beautiful castle in Romania, visited by millions of tourists every year. Its dazzling interior features beautiful carving decorations, made of wood with elegant richly decorated crystal chandeliers and mirrors.
If your way leads you to this beautiful and engaging part of the world, visit the Medieval picturesque Sighisoara town, known as Count Dracula’s birthplace, where you can visit Count Dracula’s birth house, converted to a beautiful restaurant. Sighisoara is an ideal place for exploration, to discover the past and the way people lived in the middle ages. So if you an adrenaline addict and want to show your adventurous spirit, this place is just for you. Walk its colorful streets adorned with vivid, bright colors, and very soon you will be enchanted with this positive ambient, despite the legends of a notorious Vlad Tepes, who was Romanian noble, famous for his bad temper, and cruelty. After almost six centuries, from his birth, just mysterious legends left, to stimulate our curiosity and excitement.
120 km from Sighișoara, there is the charming city of Brasov, one of the most beautiful cities in Transylvania, with a very distinctive Saxon influence. It was established in the Middle Ages, and traces of this period are still clearly visible in almost every place in town. Around the city, there are stone walls, that defended the city from the many enemies during its turbulent history. During the Brasov sightseeing tour, one can notice its cobbled streets with different architectural style buildings, which are very old and also carry an impressive centuries-old history. The beautiful core of the old town is lined with cobblestone, and old buildings, medieval towers, walls, numerous churches, and synagogues.
Brasov’s city squares distinguish an intensive life from morning to night. The old heart of Brasov makes the central Piaţa Sfatului square that since 1364 was known as the gathering place of traders from both home and abroad. They have exchanged their goods here once a year. Today, this spot is known for organizing Christmas Market. The central place in the square belongs to the Casa Sfatului old townhouse, which was turned into a historical museum of the city in 1950.
On the hill, as reminders of some ancient, medieval times, the fifteenth century Black Tower (Turnul Negru) and the White Tower (Turnul Alb), stand proudly. They are both the defense type towers built to prevent the penetration of the enemy in the city. They used to be linked by bridges with the city walls, and there are only traces reminded as a witness of long ago led battles. In the distance, down the street, one can see another hill with the Cetățuia de pe Strajă fortress on its top. The fortress consists of four watchtowers and bastion. Like the towers, it was also destroyed and restored over the centuries. There is a fascinating view of Brasov from this place. On the right, of the townhouse dominates the Tamp hill, with the famous Brasov inscription. On Tamp hill, one can find many brown bears, wolves, and lynxes.
The whole ambient dominates the 14th-century Black Church, a mysterious Gothic-style construction. It was declared the largest church not only in Romania but at the time of its building was considered the most sizeable church between Vienna and Istanbul. It was seriously damaged by fire in 1689 when its walls burned and blackened, whereas this is the reason why the church got its name.
Walk Strada Republicii Street, known as the city’s main pedestrian area. At the end of the street, there is the gate, after the street is known as the Street of the Gate among locals. In the past, it was a gathering place of many artisans, primarily blacksmiths. Today there are no blacksmiths and any other traces of past times. Nowadays, it is a busy street full of restaurants, cafes, and boutiques. Here, you can buy things at very reasonable prices, as well as rest and try some of the traditional dishes of the varied Romanian cuisine in numerous restaurants offering authentic atmosphere typical of this region.
Brasov is a city of contrasts where the modern and traditional complements. All this makes it a special place and an unavoidable destination in your journey through the picturesque Transylvania.
Travel to Transylvania, cannot be imagined without a visit to Sibiu, a charming Romanian town that has a lot to offer. Take a walk to its old town, which bears the traditional title of ”open-air museum’’ because of its attractions of different artistic styles. On the Sibiu Great Square, there are the 18th-century Brukental Palace, built in the Austrian Baroque style, as well as Roman Catholic and Jesuit Church constructed several decades earlier.
On your way through Transylvania, you will encounter with rich vegetation, and beautiful nature, unique in its beauty. With autumn when Carpathian forests are painted with divine autumn colors, sparkling in the sun, the whole ambiance becomes irresistibly beautiful and breath-taking. Many think that Transylvania is the most beautiful just at this time of the year.
The community of smart travelers is real and ready to help you travel smart. We are active on several specific Facebook groups. Join us now yo get direct travel tips about the most exciting destinations
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. US Eastern Time (“ET”) on 5/8/2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 7/31/2018. (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
1. Eligibility: The Tiplr’s Best Travel Tip Award (the “Contest”) is open to all the users of the digital platform Tiplr who are 21 years of age or older as of time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Tiplr, Inc., and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliated companies, dealers, sales representatives, licensees, service agencies, independent contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, web hosting and service and fulfillment providers (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Contest. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the Grand Prize winner.
2. Sponsor: The Sponsor is Tiplr, Inc., 195 Plymouth St. Brooklyn, NY 11201
3. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. There is one (1) way to enter the Contest:
Via microsite: To enter, visit https://tiplr.co/award, complete all required fields of the onscreen registration form and follow the instructions to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on 7/31/2018 to be included in the Best Travel Tip contest.
By entering, you agree to receive emails and join the newsletter lists of Sponsor. No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per method of entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for late, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
4. Selection of Grand Prize Winner and Winner Notification: One (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be assigned to the “Best Travel Tip” created on the platform Tiplr (website or iOS app) and the winner will be defined on writing and other skills basis by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor and communicate via email or web channels before the end of 2018 . The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the Travel tips submitted by contest participants on Tiplr during the Contest Period. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the contest entry form. Potential Grand Prize Winner must respond to the email within 48 hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected and notified. Once the potential winner has responded, Sponsor will send, via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release which must be executed and returned within 5 days. The contest will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to respond to any email notification by the deadline stated within the notification; (2) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to confirm address and validly claim the prize by the deadline stated within the notification; (5) the potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release by the deadline stated within the notification; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate Grand Prize Winner. Prize will be awarded, provided that it is validly claimed within a week from the announcement, after which no alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected, nor will an unclaimed prize be awarded. Potential Grand Prize Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. An entrant is not the Grand Prize Winner of the prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
Tip’s Creation Guidelines
Tips must be in English (Quality of English will be evaluated and any tips in another language will not be accepted)
Each tip must be at least 150 words
Topic of tip must be travel
Each entrant must create at least 10 tips using their Tiplr account (But there is no limit to the number of tips created)
Each tip must have a good quality photo (When using the website, photos should be at least 800 pixels in width)
Best Tip’s Evaluation Criteria
Quality of text (i.e. well-written, in fluent English, unique/original, off the beaten path, avoids mainstream travel topics, etc.)
Authenticity of information provided
“Smartness” of tip
Ability to select the proper category and location for each tip
5. Grand Prize is a Gift card valued at $1,000 (USD) and it will be delivered to the winner via regular mail or digitally.
Prize Restrictions: Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitution at its sole discretion if any advertised prize (or portion of prize) becomes unavailable. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
6. General Conditions: By entering or participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Contest Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of Grand Prize winner. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or portion thereof) and in the event of cancellation, the prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website operated by the Contest Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Contest Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Contest or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Contest information.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Contest or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s). The Grand Prize Winner and travel companion(s) assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Contest or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of New York. All taxes are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable.
Entrants, by participating, agree that the Contest Entities, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this Contest.
8. Publicity. As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and potential Grand Prize Winner by accepting the prize grants to the Contest Entities, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant’s name, city, state, biographical material and Instagram handle in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of Grand Prize Winner.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate State Court located in New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. Privacy: The personal information collected through this Contest is subject to Tiplr, Inc. Policy, located: https://tiplr.com/privacy-policy
11. Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for Grand Prize Winner list requests, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Tiplr, Inc. 195 Plymouth St. Brooklyn, NY 11201”. Requests for Grand Prize Winner lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Contest Period.
The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Contest or in connection with promotional or other activities of Tiplr, Inc.
The community of smart travelers is real and ready to help you travel smart. We are active on several specific Facebook groups. Join us now yo get direct travel tips about the most exciting destinations